Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Adjusting the Focus

I've decided to drop "Industrial Technology" from my search description. I had thought that it was possible for me to get excited about this space based on my long history in this space, but no. As I research and prospect for opportunities I find myself much more interested in consumer products and green technology. It is here that I find the remarkable products with stories that need to be told.

A review of my current target list and their markets confirmed this for me:

Flexcar - Car-Share service
Sahale Snacks - Premium snack foods
Zoka Coffee - Premium Coffee Roaster and Cafe's
Highlands Coffee - Premium Coffee Roaster and Cafe's
Pioneer Organics - Organic/Sustainable Grocery Delivery
Imperium Renewables - Biofuels
Targeted Growth - Biofuel Feedstock
Clearwater Compliance - Water Purification
Halosource - Water Purification

Of course there are always exceptions and there are other companies with compelling stories to tell, as my recent discussions with Red Fin and CDS have shown. But when it comes to delivering a clear message to my network that will produce solid referrals, I'm sticking with Consumer Products and Green Technology.

No comments: