Friday, June 29, 2007

Excited About Caffe' Vita

I know I shouldn't get excited about a job based on an employment ad, but....

Caffe' Vita, a local coffee roaster with a few brick and mortar coffee houses around Seattle, posted a position for an experienced salesperson. In reading the ad copy I really thought that they were underselling what appears to be a sweet opportunity that will demand more than just a few years of sales experience. In my cover letter I shared my observations and went on to elaborate on how my experience in expanding market share and opening up new opportunities would be ideal for achieving their goals.

This position is really in my sweet spot. A young company with an exceptional product and a great story that needs telling. Never mind that I'm drawn to their coffee like a moth to a light bulb whenever I'm out and about.

Update - 8/1/07
Unfortunately, after meeting with the VP of Sales and Marketing, I didn't get this one. Oh well, time to stir up some more trouble in other places. - RJM

Hopefully, my written materials do the trick and I'm interviewing with them before too long...

...Update
This post is barely 6 hours old, but apparently the mojo was mutual. CV's recruiter just called me for a phone interview. Things sound exciting so far. Stay tuned...

No comments: